- 1. Information We Collect and Receive
- 2. How We Use the Information We Collect and Receive
- 3. Analytics, Cookies and Other Web Site Technologies
- 4. Information Sharing
- 5. Accessing Your Data
- 6. Security
- 7. Changes to this Statement
- 8. Contact Us
1. Information We Collect and Receive
We collect and require access to different types of information in order to provide you with the Services you have requested us to supply to you, including:
Customer Account and Registration Data: This includes information you provide to create your account with us and may include, first and last name, billing information, a password, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses.
Login & Security Information: This includes usernames and passwords needed to access your equipment, business data or third-party services you use.
Your Business Data: We may need your business data in order to carry out our Services. For example, we may need to access your company’s accounts database if you have asked us to attempt to fix data corruption within that database.
Device Information: When you use our Services, we may collect information on the type of devices you use, operating system versions, installed software, serial numbers, usages statistics and logging/debug information of those devices.
Third Party Data: We may receive information about you from other sources, including publicly available databases or third parties from whom we have purchased data, and combine this data with information we already have about you. This helps us to update, expand and analyse our records, identify new prospects for marketing, and provide products and services that may be of interest to you.
2. How We Use the Information We Collect and Receive
We may access and use the data we collect as necessary (a) to provide and maintain the Services; (b) to address and respond to service, security, and customer support issues; (c) to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, unlawful, or technical issues; (d) as required by law; (e) to fulfil our contracts; (f) to improve and enhance the Services; (g) to provide analysis or valuable information back to our Customers and users.
Some specific examples of how we use the information:
- Create and administer your account
- Send you an order confirmation
- Facilitate and improve the usage of the services you have ordered
- Respond to customer inquiries and support requests
- Accessing your equipment or data to perform support or maintenance.
- Assess the needs of your business to determine suitable products
- Send you product updates, marketing communication, and service information
- Conduct research and analysis
- Analyse data to improve our Services and/or your experience
- Provide you with information about your use of the Services and benchmarks, insights and suggestions for improvements
- If we hold personal information about you and you want it to be removed from our systems or your account deactivated, please contact us.
3. Analytics, Cookies and Other Web Site Technologies
Core Office IT Limited is continuously improving our websites and products through the use of various third-party web analytics tools, which help us understand how visitors use our websites, desktop tools, and mobile applications, what they like and dislike, and where they may have problems. While we maintain ownership of this data, we do not share this type of data about individual users with third parties.
Google Analytics: We use Google Analytics as described in “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps.” You can prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics on websites by installing the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on here.
Examples of Cookies We Use:
- Cookie Type – Session
- We use these to operate our websites.
- Some cookies are essential for the operation of Core Office IT Limited websites. If a user chooses to disable these cookies, the user may not be able to access all of the content and features.
- Cookie Type – Preference
- We use these to remember your preferences.
- Cookie Type – Security
- These are used for general security purposes and user authentication.
- We use security cookies to authenticate users, prevent fraudulent use of login credentials, and protect user data from access by unauthorised parties.
If you use any of our mobile apps, we may use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our software on your mobile device. This software may record information such as how often you use the application, the events that occur within the application, aggregated usage, performance data, and debug information.
4. Information Sharing
Examples of how we may share information with service providers include:
- Fulfilling orders and providing the services
- Problem resolution of your third party products e.g. Sage Accounts
- Payment processing and fraud prevention
- Providing customer support
- Providing cloud computing infrastructure
Examples of how we may disclose data for legal reasons may include:
- As part of a sale or merger where all or substantially all of our assets are acquired, customer information will be one of the transferred assets.
- As required by law, for example, to comply with a legal process; when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, or to protect your safety (or the safety of others); to investigate fraud; or to respond to a government request.
We may also disclose your personal information to any third party with your prior consent.
5. Accessing Your Data
Core Office IT Limited will also, when you request, provide you with information about whether we hold, or process on behalf of a third party, any of your personal information.
If you wish to access, correct or request deletion of any personal data being held about you, you must complete a Personal Data Request Form, which can be obtained from Us. Once completed, it should be returned to Us and we will respond promptly and in any case within 30 calendar days of receiving the request. Please note that We will always check the identity of the individual making the request before processing it.
We may also collect information on behalf of our customers, in order to provide the Services, and we may not have a direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data is processed. If you are a customer or end-user of one of our customers, please contact them (as the data controller) directly if: (i) you would no longer like to be contacted by them; or (ii) to access, correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data. If requested to remove data by our customer, we will respond within a reasonable timeframe.
We may transfer personal information to companies that help us provide our Services, and when we do, these transfers to subsequent third parties are covered by appropriate transfer agreements.
We will retain personal data we process on behalf of our customer for as long as needed to provide Services to that customer. Also, we will retain this personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Core Office IT Limited follows generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once it is received, however, we cannot be held responsible for your own security measures, or lack thereof, which you employ to protect your own systems and data.
7. Changes to this Statement
8. Contact Us
If you have any questions about this policy please contact Core Office IT Limited by calling 01404 384483 or write to us at: Core Office IT Limited, Unit 1 Western Park, Devonshire Road, Honiton, Devon, EX14 1ST.